The client had previous experience with FactoryTalk Historian at another facility. After upgrading one of their older facilities with a new power generation system, they wanted to be able to track generation data as well as process data at this facility.
We worked with their process engineer to identify which data points they wanted to store, as well as develop the VantagePoint model for making the data easily accessible to operators and maintenance staff.
Once we had determined the relevant data, we implemented the system and provided training for the facility’s staff.
After becoming familiar with the system, one of the maintenance crew members began looking into issues with some of their equipment and found a correlation between pressure readings and motor failures in different areas of the process. This information reduced the amount of time to find and troubleshoot these issues from almost a day to less than an hour; a decrease of more than 85% on average.
- Process data stored in a centralized database
- Data accessible from outside of the HMI application, including access to corporate staff
- Automated reporting capability reduced amount of time collecting data required for periodic reporting on various process conditions
- Maintenance staff was able to reduce the time to troubleshoot and fix common issues by more than 85% compared to previous setup with no available historical data
- Decreased troubleshooting time
- Easily accessible historical data
- Increased data visibility
Database management, Process Analytics
- FactoryTalk Historian
- FactoryTalk VantagePoint
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLCs
- SQL Server
- Collect and analyze process data
- Standardized systems
- Automated data analysis
- Develop system using cutting-edge software
- Implement system and train personnel on operation
- Reduce overhead costs for data analysis